31 March 2011

Glass Scene

After the success of shattering glass, I needed to put that into a scene. Using my already-built ocean scene and intro title scene, I combined them to form this.

The camera starts face-on at the title scene. This scene is enclosed in a box away from the daylight system in place for the ocean. The light has given it a bit of a blue tint, but after all the hassle I went through to get it to look that normal, it will do. Normal and mental ray lights don't work well or at all with a daylight system.




By deleting the side wall that has the window in it, I accidentally stumbled across this pretty interesting effect. The glass refraction makes the scene look like its in some sort of bubble. I decided not to keep this effect because it made the glass shattering look very weird.


Adding motion blur to the bullet gives this (admittedly abstract) scene a little realism.


Here's a low quality test render of the glass shattering.


And here is the full scene with good render settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment