4 April 2011

Final Credits Scene

The last part of my 30 second Bond animation is of the car driving across the snow and revealing the promotional text for the film (along with my SID number). To do this I firstly imported my car into a new scene. The camera will remain static at a bird's-eye view as the car is animated across the frame.

Next, a plane was created that covers the entire camera view. This was assigned an image I created myself in Photoshop. The snow material bitmap I used for the background can be found at:

http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/T/a/r/Taraq196716.jpg
[Internet] [Accessed 30/03/2011]




This was scaled so the tyre tracks match the width of the car's which will be animated to move across it.



Finally, a plane that covers the Photoshopped image was assigned the same snow material as before so it blends in as it is placed as a covering above the Photoshop image. This is so the text can't be seen before the car has moved across it.



The car is animated to move from right to left over the snow plane with the text. As the car passes over the covering, the plane is animated to move along with the car, revealing the text below.

As an added touch, I imported my gun and cloned a couple of the bullets. A rigid body collection was made from the gun, bullets and ground plane. The plane was set to unyielding while the bullets were given a mass of 20 each and the gun was given a mass of 100. These techniques combined created the final effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment